Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Garden Extraveganza!







So all the plans & projects I've been working on all have been waylaid for the past couple months because of one thing-my garden! I love being outside & on top of that I bought my first house at the beginning of the year, so next on my list of fun things is customizing my new home to fit my tastes. Most of the yard was grass & the flower beds that existed were full of scraggly half dead bushes, rocks, weeds, more rocks, gross things I don't want to mention, and did I say rocks?? We've been pretty lucky the weather has been relatively nice here in Michigan, so I've gotten lots of opportunities to go out and work on covering my backyard & part of my front yard w/ gardens. I also did a lot of work by my patio, where I took out a retaining wall, leveled out the dirt to the rest of the yard, & laid the sod I took out of the garden into the dirt. Talk about sweat equity!! I took some before & after pics of all my hard work & posted them for your enjoyment. Cheers!!

No comments: