Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sneak Peek

Thought I'd share some "before" pics of the boxes I mentioned in my 'New Desk' post. These are the pieces of wood I'm going to upcycle into a new work desk for my studio. They were actually pretty easy to take apart-surprising with the amount of rust on the bolts! I have a few design ideas for the table but have yet to pin one down. Right now I'm going to use the spray painted side boards for the top surface, some of the bottom boards as side panels, & the steel pieces to anchor the legs to the table top. Doesn't make sense? Stay posted for some "in progress" & "after" pics!

I still love the idea of having a one of a kind desk built from old wood, which was part of the burgeoning community in which I live and work. It's kind of like taking a part of history bringing it into your own life & lifestyle. I can't wait to have it finished! :)
Btw: found this site today-LOVE the photography! http://www.noa-noa.dk/

No comments: