Friday, June 6, 2008

Start and stop, start and stop

Geez, you'd think with all the millions of ideas running through my brain I could pick one of those things to write about. Nope. Start, stop ,delete is what I'm doing. Maybe it's the humid weather that we're finally getting here in West Michigan.

Family seems to be a topic I've been dealing with lately. So my grandparents are having their 50th Wedding Anniversary this year and they want to have an updated extended family picture (thank goodness, the last one was in 1995 or something). So we've been toying around with different ideas, some standard white and khaki, but I was reading one of my many blogs the other day and came across this idea:


(photo from: http://lifeisallaround.typepad.com/)

I found out from her post that they used teal, navy and white top with jean or khaki bottoms. I love the look of this picture as it breaks up everyone with pops of color, not overbearing and they don't look like a generic family. Along with the different color scheme, she made it look a bit vintage with a little help from Photoshop I'm sure. Now to convince 27 other people that this is the way to go..... I still have a couple months. :)

Bringing it closer to home, we're trying to make some adjustments in our unexpectedly growing family. I found this bed idea for our daughter Anna (on http://www.designspongeonline.com/) that 1: my husband really liked a lot, 2: it works with our multipurposed theme we're trying to do throughout our house with the chalkboard back which could be anything and storage/dresser under the bed and 3: it's super cute and we could probably make it (with a little help from dad I'm sure)!

This also reminds me the bed I had made when I was in college for my summer stays with the parents. Because I wasn't home much anymore, I had switch with my brother from my huge room to a tiny room. It had 4 drawers underneath my bed so I didn't have to fit a dresser in there. It worked out well and now my brother, after using it for quite a few years himself, is passing it off to some cousins that need it and will fit on it. :)

Personally, I'm working on a few ongoing projects at home. Nothing as cool as what Jenn's been up to, but I'm repainting a childrens bench (the one with the wrought iron sides and wood slats) a bright yellow to add to our newly landscaped front yard. I'm also hoping to pick up some flower pots this weekend, repaint them the same yellow and place them on our front steps. As yellow seems to be my theme this spring, I'm hoping to repaint our main floor bath a #2 pencil yellow and use an Etsy purchase and other items I'm repurposing for this "remodel" job. I'll post pictures upon completion (don't hold your breath)!

Have a happy, hot and humid weekend b/c we are!

No comments: